Friday, July 25, 2008

Recipe- Easy Vegan Soft Serve Icecream

Today's recipe was submitted by Nicole of Late July Photography. I can say from personal experience that this is quite good!

Easy Vegan Soft Serve Icecream

Bunch of bananas frozen
Carob chips
Table spoon of nut butter (I like almond butter)
*optional nuts or chunks of vegan candy

In a food processor take bananas frozen and place one or two in at a time. At first it will be a little choppy but it will smooth out, the icecream will start to form, into a creamy thick soft serve. Add in the nut butter, carob chips or whatever else. If you don't want your carob chips chopped up add them at the end. DO NOT OVER MIX or else it will get like pudding and the bananas will get too warm. This is a great snack for when I'm needing my sweet tooth filled but don't want the extra sugar; its all packed with potassium. I get creative and add fruit, whatever I feel like. It has JUST the taste of soft icecream... its delicious! It doesn't freeze well like ice cream so only make enough for what you plan to eat right now :)

No comments: