Being a member comes with a lot of benefits. Other than the publicity we've received, and the exposure it gives to our members, being a member includes -
- using our team tag - “veganetsy team” - in your listings. Please note that ‘veganetsy’ is one word, not two in this application (but not elsewhere!);
- being hearted by the Vegan Etsy shop as well as other members.
- joining the team officially through Etsy and appearing on the Etsy team profile page;
- a new member welcome post on VeganEtsy.com;
- eligibility to join the team flickr group and post pictures of your items in the pool;
- eligibility to add your blog to our blog ring;
- a ton of support and companionship from your fellow teamies, on the message board and otherwise!;
- member discounts from a number of team member shops - details on each shop can be found here;
- participation in team games and challenges on our message board, with a chance to win prizes from a variety of member's shops.
- An original recipe
- Any sales or specials that you are having in your shop(s).
- A review of a team member item
- An ISO - "In Search Of" - an exact description of an item that you'd like designed for you by a team member, a sort of challenge for the team
- A screenshot of a treasury made up of Vegan Etsy Team items - a great tool for creating treasury images can be found here.
Vegan Etsy is all over the internet! Other than our blog, we have the following sites-
Active members are what makes our team a successful one and every little bit that members can do is appreciated! Here are some ways to become involved with the team and support your fellow members.
- Use our team graphics on your sites and in your store listings. Print them out & hand them out where you feel appropriate (in packages when you sell, local shops like coffee shops and boutiques, etc.). They can be found here.
- Post about our team on your blog and other websites.
- Make a team treasury. If you do, post about it on the board, on our Facebook pages, and everywhere else!
- Write an article about our team for your local paper or an online site. If you do this and it is published, please let us know!
- If you have purchased something from another member’s shop, write a nice review about it for our blog. Include any links or pictures that are relevant and send it all along to Melissa Bastian.
- Post in the Etsy forums and bump any threads that have to do with our team or veganism. If someone is looking for a vegan product, recommend one of our members.
- Show other members the love! Heart their stores*, favorite items from their stores, make them your friends on flickr, indiepublic, facebook and myspace. Take it a step further and make them your friends on myspace and Facebook, follow them on Twitter - we've got a great group of people here, and it's all about building a community.
- Give each other support on the message board. The stronger our forum community grows, the better!
- When a team treasury is made, click on the items in the treasury and leave a comment. This helps to bump its "hotness" up and get noticed more.
- Participate in team events! They are fun and help the team members get to know each other.
How To Find Members and Their Items
You might be wondering how to find our products on Etsy. It's easy:
- When you're visiting Etsy, do a search for our team tag, "veganetsy team", or just click here
- Visit our members on the Etsy Teams Page
*As a team member, you are a voice for the team, and your representations reflect on us - hopefully in great ways!
*The team is here for you! Always feel free to contact the team captain, leaders, or members with questions or for advice, or just for fun.
*We're glad to have you here!!
Now get going - see you on the boards! ;D