Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Vegan White Chocolate Orange Almond Truffles



So this is where too much Vegan Blog hopping gets me!

A while ago, I came across these super yum looking White Chocolate Walnut Truffles on the VegSpinz blog and I was immediately overcome by the desire to stuff my face with them!

So I decided to create a variation of my own...

White Chocolate Orange Almond Truffles


All ingredients are in approximate values since I just throw stuff in without measuring. Feel free to modify the amounts to your liking.


1 C Vegan White Chocolate Chips
1/2 C Cashews
1/4 C Soymilk (use as required)
1/4 t Orange Essential Oil
1/4 C Almonds
1 C Vegan Dark Chocolate Chips

For the truffle mixture:

-Grind the cashews into a fine powder, add a dash of the soymilk and blend, add a little bit more soymilk if required and process into a very creamy paste.
-Melt the white chocolate chips (in a double boiler or in the microwave).
-Toast the almonds and crush them lightly into tiny pieces. If you have the patience you can chop them :oP
-Mix the cashew cream and orange essential oil with the white chocolate.
-Add in the almonds and mix well.
-Pop in the freezer for around 20 minutes or so, until it has hardened slightly.

How to proceed:

-Melt the dark chocolate chips.
-Make little balls of the truffle mixture and dip them in the melted chocolate.
-Drop them on parchment paper.
-Pop in the freezer to set again.


Note: I have used truffle molds for these. These can be used by coating the walls and bottom of the mold with the melted dark chocolate. Putting a bit of the truffle mixture in and covering the top with a layer of melted dark chocolate.

Enjoy! :)

8 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh..wow! Those look and sound amazing!!!

bäumig said...

wow I can't resist....help!! :)
looks delicious

Vegan Fox said...

These look delicious!

melissa bastian. said...

OMG so freaking amazing! If I made these I would put myself in a sugar coma. Wow!!!

Marbella Jewelry Designs said...

oooh, looks so yummy!

Veganosaurus said...

hahah make them and taste them ladies. it'll totally be worth the "sugar coma", as Melissa puts it. :D

Vegan Mama said...

Holy mother of all things sweet and divine!....


*making shopping list...

Leslie said...

mmm...these look so good!