Friday, June 11, 2010

Veg*n Etsy Shops Come Together to Help Animals after the BP Oil Disaster

Ever since the BP oil spill happened I've been spinning my wheels, wondering what to do to help. I have two kids which is a full time job, so heading down there to actively participate in the cleanup process isn't going to happen, at least right now. I might get my chance of course - sadly it doesn't look like cleanup is going to happen overnight.

(Thank you to Cari of Loveluca for lending me this lovely photo.)

Then Lisa of Panda with Cookie told the Etsy Veg street team her plans to help: "***20% of all sales {from the Panda with Cookie shop} go to the Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary, who are preparing to clean and care for animals affected by the horrible oil disaster happening on the Gulf Coast.***". Well, I jumped right up onto that bandwagon and helped myself to the reins. ;)

I decided I'd do the same thing, and asked around on the other street teams I'm on, as well as the one I help facilitate, if others would like to help too. The response was immediate! People out there are concerned and looking to do something, anything to help out. Here are some other Etsians who are already contributing:
I will edit my blog as time goes on and others join forces. Please check individual shop announcements for end dates and more details on donations.

Thanks for checking this out and helping!

Thanks to Heather of 3am Art Productions (aktie9 on Etsy) for putting together this great post. Is your Etsy shop or organization doing something to help with Gulf cleanup efforts? Please let us know in the comments!

No comments: