Sunday, February 1, 2009

Interview With Pink Bubble


This week's member of the week is Renee of Pink Bubble.

How did you choose the name of your shop and how long have you been a member of Etsy?

I choose this name because it has been my online alias for awhile, including most of my email address. I originally picked it because I like bubbles and pink I suppose! I've been a member since about when I opened, in July of 2008.

What kinds of items do you sell in your shop and what inspired you to start creating them?

I sell mainly jewelry and accessories. I had been making them for years for friends and family as gifts, and after finding etsy knew I had found a place I would love to share some of my designs with.

Do you donate to any charities or do any volunteer work?

I donate to peaceful prarie (http://www.peacefulprairie.org ). I also do work with Habitat for Humanity and Food not Bombs whenever I get the chance.

What are some of your favorite things about etsy?

I love that everything is handmade and has a person and a story behind everything you might buy.

Do you sell your items outside of etsy, either online or in retail shops?

just etsy!

What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have?

When I'm not studying or crafting; I also love skiing, running, and writing.


Do you have any animal companions?

nope

Do you have any websites besides your shop that you would like to tell us about?

I blog very sporadically at : http://pinkfishcanfly.blogspot.com/

How long have you been vegan and what made you go vegan?

I've been vegan for about 5 years after coming across some of Carol Adam's, then Gary Francione's works. After that I researched more online and got more active and aware.

Do you have any favorite vegan things, like books, websites, stores, etc.?

I love Cosmo's Vegan Shoppe and Food Fight!, also basically any cookbook as I love expirementing and unleashing my creativity in the kitchen for every meal.

What are your favorite foods?

That is a hard decision, and basically changes with what is in season; but generally plums, black-eyed peas, strawberries, okra, garlic, sweet potatoes, peas and oatmeal. Not all together though!

No comments: