Sunday, May 31, 2009

Interview-Vegan Propamanda

Todays interview is with Amanda of Vegan Propamanda
How did you choose the name of your shop and how long have you been a member of Etsy?


I've been a member of Etsy since June 2007, so it's coming up on 2 years! The origin of the name of my shop is actually a funny little anecdote. I was (lovingly) teasing one of my friends about not being vegan and he (lovingly) was teasing me back. He told his then-2-year old son to tell me to stop spewing my vegan propaganda. His son got the whole thing messed up and it came out as somethingsomething vegan propamanda (my name is amanda). it was hysterical and I promised them that if I ever owned any sort of shop or website or anything, it would be called Vegan Propamanda. So there you have it.


What kinds of items do you sell in your shop and what inspired you to start creating them?




I sell mostly vegan cookies, but I also have some brownies. I've done a few special orders for things like Vegan Twinkies and cupcakes. I started because I love baking, but I don't really like eating a ton of sweets. Selling them gets them out of my house, but also gives me that relaxing time to bake after my day job.


Do you donate to any charities or do any volunteer work?


I am also a member of Etsy for Animals, so I donate every month to their Charity of the Month


What are some of your favorite things about etsy?

I love that I can find pretty much anything I'm looking for at all times. It's nice to be able to support artists who take pride in their work. And it's also really nice to be able to give hand-made things to the people I care about.



What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have?


I love cooking. And road trips. And taking pictures. And doing all 3 of those things at once.Do you have any animal companions?I have an orange kitty kat named Bill. He sleeps on my head.

How long have you been vegan and what made you go vegan?

I have been vegan for a little over 3 years. Nothing "made" me become vegan. I just don't like to be half-assed about things and I felt hypocritical when I told people that I cared about animals.


Do you have any favorite vegan things, like books, websites, stores, etc.?

Books - mostly cookbooks - The Isa Moskowitz/Terry Romero books as well as the Sarah Kramer books are pretty much the standard go-to cookbooks at my house. I also love Donna Klein and Bryanna Clark Grogan


Website - theppk.com, herbivoreclothing.com, god there's so many blogs - too many to list here, i'm sure

Stores: Herbivore, Veg Essentials, Cosmos



What are your favorite foods?

oh man, this is tough. in the summer, i love really light things. i'll eat a lot of plain fruits and veggies and salads and sushi. in the winter, i crave more substantial things like soups and stews and baked dishes like ziti or mac and cheez.

2 comments:

mvegan said...

So great, love the name and want allll the goodies, thank you for being so animal friendly w/your ingredients and giving to help animal charities!!!! Michele

Anonymous said...

I have drooled over this shop for quite awhile! Everything looks so delish!!! Especially choc peanut butter cookies and the blueberry muffins one....uhhhhh! :)