Tuesday, November 24, 2009

This Thanksgiving, remember...

Turkeys are beautiful!


They are interesting, intelligent creatures. Turkeys are our friends.


We should not make turkeys our dinner, lest we become like this crazed, sadistic muppet.


But... should you encounter the dreaded turkey-clam... run for your life!!


OK though, srsly ppl. Love your turkeys, don't eat them! This will be my fourth Thanksgiving turkey-free, and believe me when I tell you that my plate has been far from lacking these past four years! If anything, I've had much more interesting and satisfying meals, with the major added bonus that nothing on the table tugged at my conscience. This year Jonathan and I are whipping up quite a feast for some vegan and omni friends, and we're so excited about it. I'll post plenty of pictures and maybe some recipes too, sometime in the next week or two.

I'm also excited that this year, not only are Jonathan and I of course abstaining from eating any turkeys, but we're also contributing to the happy lives of a couple through Farm Sanctuary's Adopt-A-Turkey program! The certificates we received for sponsoring Bubbles and Rhonda will be proudly displayed on our feast table. Don't worry, it's never too late to contribute!

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone! Remember to be thankful for everything we do have, even though things might not be perfect - and for the fact that we can choose veg! :D

2 comments:

Taryn said...

Yay! Happy Thanksgiving to the American folks... specifically the turkey-free ones!

Still trying to comprehend how it is that people would eat a turkey (or a cow or a pig) but not their dog, or their guinea pig...

We had our Thanksgiving here in Canada ages ago, it seems... it was deliciously turkey-free and you're right about meals being so much more varied and delicious!

EXTRA yay for adopting a turkey through Farm Sanctuary!! I've been hearing a LOT about that in the last couple of weeks and I'm so glad they're getting so much support.

<3 ohdanger

mvegan said...

Awesome! Lucky turkeys to have us on their side ;0) Have lots of fun and sooo wonderful about the turkey adoptions, I love Farm Sanctuary! :) Michele http://mvegan5.etsy.com