Sunday, November 8, 2009

Member Interview-Miss Muffcake

Todays interview is with Miss Muffcake

How did you choose the name of your shop and how long have you been a member of Etsy?



I have used the name MissMuffcake for over 6 years and that came about when I was discussing muffins and cupcakes with my sister over the phone one day. Lost and Found was the name I was using at craft shows but then I noticed to many plays on the same name. I wanted to keep Lost and Found so I added the MissMuffcake part! I have been buying on Etsy forever however my shop is just staring out.


What kinds of items do you sell in your shop and what inspired you to start
creating them?


I sell things with a everyday purpose like jewelry boxes and hair bows but with a dark twist. I like using plastic skulls and plastic bugs in my work. My moto is "every day is like Halloween"...I have been crafting for years but went through some dark depression and did not create much for a period of time. I went to a craft show with my boyfriend one night four years ago and was inspired. As we rode the bus back home that night I thought of how I wanted to create again.

Do you donate to any charities or do any volunteer work?


Yes I do! I give to local charities that help feral cats most often. I give every week what I can, sometimes that can only be $2 however I believe that $2 can buy cat food and helps in a small way. Just think that if we all donate $1 or $2 a week in our community to help homeless cats and dogs what impact that could make! I also try to educate people about the dangers of drinking and driving. My sister was killed by a drunk driver six years ago. Drinking and driving is so pointless and I cannot understand while people still do it!


What are some of your favorite things about etsy?

The creativity that is floating around. There are so many creatively cool people on Etsy that I would love to meet. I have meet a few via craft shows and I get nervous approaching them!

Do you sell your items outside of etsy, either online or in retail shops?

I have done retail shops in the past, I am looking into that once again but as we all know the economy needs a big band aid right now! I do craft shows though. My favorite one to do (because it is right here in my town) is coming up in weeks so if you are in the Central Valley (CA)please stop by and say hi! http://handborn.com/

Have you been featured anywhere?

In the local paper and I am now writing for Creepy Queen Magazine. I have people wearing my stuff on You Tube and plan on trying to get my stuff in music videos!

Do you have any future plans for your shop?

Lots more stuff. I am constantly creating.

What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have?


I love crafting, I paint daily! I also love going to concerts and listening to music. I love baking and bake vegan goodies and sell them locally. I am a homebody and love hanging out at home with my cat and boyfriend. My boyfriend makes movies (http://www.youtube.com/user/Loserkid5150) and I try and help him on set. I like going to Sacramento and San Francisco and shopping and eating at vegan friendly places. I read a lot too and have pen pals! I collect toys!

Do you have any animal companions?

My super awesome cat Mar!!! He is a cancer survivor, having undergone tail amputation a few months back. Mar is 12 and I have been with him since he was born. He has helped me deal with dark times. I am getting his face tattooed on my arm shortly!

Do you have any websites besides your shop that you would like to tell us
about?


My You Tube, it is mostly random Mar videos but I hope to post some crafty stuff soon. http://www.youtube.com/user/missmuffcake



How long have you been vegan and what made you go vegan?

Vegan for 10 years and lacto ovo for 5 before that. I cut out dairy after seeing the horrors involved in the business. I went veg initially because I found eating meat was gross. At the time the internet was not widely available so I kinda had to find my own way around.

Do you have any favorite vegan things, like books, websites, stores, etc.?


I love vegan cook books and have a nice collection. I can spend a day in Whole Foods and make an hour trip to get to the closest one. I like discussing Gossip Girl on the PPK (theppk.com) and posting food ideas on Craftster (craftster.org).

What are your favorite foods?

tofu (honest - really), pancakes, broccoli, Twilight vegan candy bars, a nice hearty soup, simple pasta sprinkled with Parma (vegan raw cheese), Asian dishes that are spicy, burritos with lots of guacamole. My favorite place to eat is Weird Fish in San Francisco.

Is there anything else you would like to add or share?

Thank you for choosing me! I am really honored!

No comments: