Thursday, July 16, 2009

we took a trip to the farmers market

yummmm...Of course since today is Thursday, also know as Farmers Market Day, it rained and poured all morning. Atleast this week it let up enough that we could go to the market and there were still people braving the weather to sell their wares! I even took the time to walk around and check out all of the handmade items this week, which I never usually remember to do. I get so excited about all my new yummy organic veggies, that I totally forget about the lonely crafters on the other side of the big open park! The 2 organic stands are next to each other, and I usually buy from both! One of them is where I get my csa, and I pop in there to get more of certain things and veggies that didnt come in my box this week....So, what exactly did I get this week? ALL ORGANIC ALL DELICIOUS!!!


raspberries

broccoli

a lot of basil, its pesto season, and we only have a few basil plants in our garden!

more snap peas, maybe this time jessi will get some since i cant eat lately (something is horribly wrong with my jaw!)

beets for the dogs

Still no tomatoes and no zucchini ready, I guess this cooky weather is really having an effect on the farms and blight is destroying our tomatoes! I am hoping things turn around soon, or we might not be canning for this winter..BUM BUM BUM

2 comments:

Embee Breedlove said...

OMG those raspberries look so gorgeous! That's so sad about the tomatoes. This should be high season! Do dogs like beets? I never knew that! I like to add beets into fresh juices - it makes them all an amazing color, no matter what the other ingredients. (Unless, of course, one of the other ingredients is kale.)

It's All In The Blog said...

penney loves sweet peas and beats the most
oh and she freaks out for avocados!