Sunday, July 19, 2009

Todays interview is with Kala of Vegancraftastic


How did you choose the name of your shop and how long have you been a member of
Etsy?



The name of my shop comes from the name I chose for my blog years ago, I wanted a fun word that described me and Vegancraftastic just seemed perfect. My Etsy shop has been open since February of this year.



What kinds of items do you sell in your shop and what inspired you to start

creating them?



I have all sorts of crafty items in my shop but I have a semi-focus on accessories for other crafters: project bags, zippered pouches, stitch markers…I know when I’m creating, it’s fun to use cute tools and accessories so I set out to make those kinds of things.



What are some of your favorite things about etsy?



I love being able to shop on Etsy and support other makers, especially the vegan ones, the stuff you can find is so much cooler than what you can get at the mall!



What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have?



I’m a total crafting junkie: I knit, crochet, sew, embroider, paper craft…and I’m just starting to get into cross stitch. There are just so many cool things to learn out there, I can’t limit myself to one medium of expression. I also love baking (and I think my husband loves that I love baking).



Do you have any animal companions?



I wish! We can’t have any animal friends in our teeny apartment but I dream of having a place large enough for us to have a doggie.



How long have you been vegan and what made you go vegan?



I’ve been vegan for about 8 years and I did it in reverse, I started by cutting out all dairy and then I went vegan shortly after. It started when I became severely lactose intolerant and then when I stopped and really thought about the way I was eating and the harm and suffering that an omnivore’s lifestyle causes, I knew that going vegan was for me.





What are your favorite foods?



Mexican anything, especially if it’s spicy! I also have a crazy sweet tooth so cookies and cupcakes are definitely my friend.



Is there anything else you would like to add or share?

I’d just like to thank every one of the talented and hardworking members of the Vegan Etsy team for being awesome and positive examples of veganism and for welcoming me onto the team!

3 comments:

Stockannette said...

Great interview - I love Kala's lion!

Embee Breedlove said...

I've always loved Kala's cute and quirky designs. And Kala - I know what you mean about the dog! Jonathan and I positively coo at every single pup we see on the street, regardless of breed or size or age, but we can't have one in our apartment. Not even a teeny tiny one. :(

TheAwesomestPossum said...

Stockannette said...
Great interview - I love Kala's lion!
__________
As the proud new owner of said lion and his hippo buddy, I can say that it's even cuter in person. Kala, you do great work! :)