Sunday, March 15, 2009

Interview- Late July

This week's interview is with Nicole of Late July Photography.

How did you choose the name of your shop and how long have you been a member of Etsy?

I chose the name of my shop, because Late July is when I tend to be my most creative, as well its when there is a peak in stray animals running at large. I joined and found etsy in May of 2008. I found Etsy through facebook.

What kinds of items do you sell in your shop and what inspired you to start creating them?

I started taking photos since the pound didn't have a camera. I'd post the photos on petfinder, and the better the photos the more attention and potential for adoption the animals received. I decided to print the photos as they meant something to me, all the photos are mostly of homeless animals facing an uncertain fate. That struck something with me, and I decided to sell the prints in order to raise money for the special needs animals.
Do you donate to any charities or do any volunteer work?

Yes. I volunteer with LOYAL Rescue http://www.loyalrescue.com/ as fundraising coordinator and volunteer coordinator. I also volunteer at my local animal control helping take photos and getting special need animals adopted or into rescue.
What are some of your favorite things about etsy?
I love the unique items, and creative ideas. I get so inspired seeing so many talented people on here.
Do you sell your items outside of etsy, either online or in retail shops?
Currently no.
Have you been featured anywhere?
Nope.
Do you have any future plans for your shop?
Just take more photos and see what happens.
What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have?
I am a music nut, nerd, snob. I play and teach guitar/song writing. I am a big movie geek, I love movies from the 20's to new movies. Animal rescue is my biggest hobby, helping stray animals is probably my favorite thing to do, honestly. I'm addicted.
Do you have any animal companions?
I have one dog, Charlie aka Chuckie. He's a Jack Russel Terrier / Shih Tzu mix. He has a mixed past, and is special needs. He introduced me to all the dogs in my area that were in need - i had no idea. He's saved many dogs lives via me :)
Do you have any websites besides your shop that you would like to tell us about?
I am very active in a dog rescue group LOYAL Rescue which are a provincial canine rescue in Ontario. http://www.loyalrescue.com/
How long have you been vegan and what made you go vegan?
I went veg around 6 years ago, very shortly after that I went vegan. I originally did it for health reasons, but then was introduced to the world of what animal cruelty was.
Do you have any favorite vegan things, like books, websites, stores, etc.?
I like Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, and I love the website/blog http://www.fatfreevegan.com/ and of course, Vegan etsy!
What are your favorite foods?
I love salads and mexican good. Basically a Mexican salad is one of my favorites!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Great interview. Adorable photos!