Sunday, March 29, 2009

Interview- Starrlight Jewelry

Today's interview is with Starr of Starrlight Jewelry and Starrlight Boutique.

How did you choose the name of your shop and how long have you been a member of Etsy?

My shop name is also my namesake! Starrlight Jewelry has been on Etsy since December of 2007. Prior to etsy I had a Web and Ebay stores.

What kinds of items do you sell in your shop and what inspired you to start creating them?

I sell a lot of things in my shop: Stitching markers, Rings, Earrings, Necklace, Chokers, Bracelets, Anklets, Slave Bracelets, Beaded Sandals, Wine Glass Sets, Sun Catchers, Window Hangers, Fan Pulls, Pendants, Companion Collar Charms, Zipper Pulls, Cell Phone Charms, Napkin Rings, Curtain Ties, Beaded Bottles/Vases, Sand Vials, Bookmarks, Pins, Brooches and more.
Do you donate to any charities or do any volunteer work?

I do! I contribute to multiple animal sanctuaries every year. I also contribute to Big Cat Rescue, Hawaiian Humane Society, Kalamazoo County Humane Society, ASPCA, and more. Often times I do not send them money but I create items for them to sell at auctions, stores and web stores to raise money for the animals. I am also a feline foster mom and feral cat guardian.

What are some of your favorite things about etsy?

Besides VeganEtsy Team, I plead the 5th.

Do you sell your items outside of etsy, either online or in retail shops?

I have recently started listing duplicate items in an artfire account. As for retail shops, I am currently working on 3 different commissions, one in Or. one in Thailand and one right here in Hawaii ^.^

Have you been featured anywhere?

Etsy Front page, etsy gift guides, customer review blogs, and more.

Do you have any animal companions?

I have cats, both fosters and 3 of my own companions. I've taken care of bunnies, gerbils, turtles, chickens, and parrots in the past.

Do you have any websites besides your shop that you would like to tell us about?

You can find all my websites on the sidebar of my blog: http://starrlightjewelry.blogspot.com/
I also use my blog to do totally free give-away contests. Anyone with a blogspot & etsy account are welcome to join and play.

How long have you been vegan and what made you go vegan?

Ive been a veggie for a really, really long time. I went Vegan about 3 years ago. My eyes were opened by the plight of smaller things, like oysters & the FW pearl industry.

Do you have any favorite vegan things, like books, websites, stores, etc.?

Well, I love the VeganEtsy team. Its one of the greatest collections of Vegan goodies any person could hope to find. My fav vegan band is Faith And The Muse.

What are your favorite foods?

Granola, sea weed stew, peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, French Vanilla Mocha Coffee, Mashed potatoes and strawberry banana smoothies.

Is there anything else you would like to add or share?

Some of the coolest people Ive ever met in my life are Vegans and number of those are a member of this team.

2 comments:

panda with cookie said...

I love the picture of your cat with the collar chars in the sidebar!

Unknown said...

Starr Rocks :0)