"The Vegan Girl's Guide to Life contains the basic who-what-where-when-why of veganism, but also has tips like what to feed non-vegans, the best vegan beauty products, fun vacation spots, and an assortment of recipes and crafty projects including Jackfruit "Carnitas" Tacos, Twice Baked Chipotle Sweet Potatoes, Cracked Coriander Seed and Chai Tea-Rubbed Vegan Steak Lo Mein, Double Chocolate Cookies, Purple Cow Cupcakes, DIY Dessert Stands, a Cross Stitch pattern by Stitch'd Ink, and how to make your own produce bags.
Reading like a Who's Who of vegan women, contributions from recipes to craft projects are contributed by respected vegan chefs and bloggers including Hannah Kaminsky, Celine Steen, Jenn Shagrin, Kittee Berns, Kelly Peloza and more."
And there you have it. Writer and editor Melisser Eliott is currently trotting the globe sharing the book with anyone and everyone - don't you want to meet her? The schedule of signing events currently looks like this, but you can always stop by the Urban Housewife blog for updates:
- November 10th Philadelphia, PA at Grindcore House, 6pm to 8pm
- November 12th Manhattan, NY at MooShoes, 7pm to 9pm
- November 16th Syracuse, NY at Strong Hearts Cafe, 7pm to 9pm
- November 17th Boston, MA at Peace O' Pie, 7pm to 9pm
- November 20th Brooklyn, NY at Champs Bakery, 7pm to 9pm
- November 21st Montclair, NJ at Go Lightly Eco Store 1pm to 3pm
- November 28th Paris, FR at Paris Vegan Day, book signing and talk
- November 30th Manchester, UK at The Thirsty Scholar, 6pm to 8pm
- December 2nd Brighton, UK at RedVeg, time TBA
- December 4th London, UK at Vx, book signing and talk 2pm to 6pm - 5% off all Vx purchases at the event!
- December 5th London, UK at the Animal Aid Christmas Fayre, talk at 3:15pm, signing to follow