Thursday, June 4, 2009

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

I received this recipe in an email at work the other day, so I thought, why not? I veganized it. For a serving size amount of cake that you make in a mug in just a few minutes, it turned out pretty good! So, if you have a hankerin' for some cake but don't have the time to make a full one, or if you don't want an entire cake sitting around, this just might tame that craving.

If you have a mug from Vegan Dish like I do, that was the perfect sized mug for it because the cake did not go over the top at all.

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg replacer (I used Ener-g)
3 tablespoons soy milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.
Add the egg replacer and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the soy milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes. The cake might rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little, and tip out* onto a plate if desired. EAT !

*I had to scoop mine out with a spoon because it wouldn't come out.

6 comments:

Veganosaurus said...

Wow this is an awesome recipe!! I gotto try it!!
I don't normally use any egg replacer since I folow the vinegar and baking soda combination recipe and that's a Vegan recipe in itself. I wonder if it'll work in this case. Ill experiment a bit and let you know :)

Thanks Molly!

Unknown said...

I have a VeganDish Mug, but I don't have a microwave....

Like Veganosaurus, I don't use EnerG either, but I will use my regular cake recipe and bake it in mugs in a water bath maybe...

But this is a really cool idea! I'll have to make something like this, Thanks Molly, how in the world do you have time to blog right now? You are amazing!

josie said...

i want to make this right now!!! ... looks and sounds delish

Embee Breedlove said...

This may be the coolest recipe I have ever seen. Single serving instant cake! Absolutely freaking awesome!

Veganosaurus said...

I halved the recipe, eliminated the egg replacer entirely, used water instead of soymilk and added about twice the amount of it. Turned out pretty decent! :)

jeanette said...

Thanks Molly, this looks so good! Will definitely have to try this recipe.