Monday, June 22, 2009

Asian Super Spicy Chilli Paste

chilli paste pic1
Asian Super Spicy Chilli Paste

Ingredients

100 gms Dry Red chillies (the spiciest you can find)
1/2 inch ginger chopped
1/2 C chopped garlic
1 T soy sauce
1 T jaggery or brown sugar or molasses
3 T olive oil
a pinch Ajinomoto (MSG) - optional
salt

Remove the twigs and clean the red chillies (warning: this causes a lot of sneezing).

Heat 1 T of the olive oil and lightly fry the garlic and ginger.

Bring water to boil in a large pot.
Add chillies, cover and turn off the heat.
Leave for 2 minutes and drain off the water.

Blend all the ingredients (except the remaining 2 T olive oil) into a paste.
Add olive oil and blend once more.

Allow to cool to room temperature.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge.

Could be used in cooking or served on the side as a dip.


chilli paste pic2

4 comments:

VeganCraftastic said...

Oh that looks sooo good, I love spicy anything!

Embee Breedlove said...

Oh my oh my! Oh no oh no! I must not let the fiance see this - everything we eat will be on fire for a month!!

Veganosaurus said...

LOL Mel that sounds exactly like my DH!! He's been mopping up that paste like crazy!! I don't even know why I've been bothering to make curries or sambars. I should just make chapathis or rice and let him eat them with the chilli paste :D

Veganosaurus said...

Kala, if you try this let me know how it turns out :)