Sunday, June 14, 2009

Interview-Panda with Cookie

Todays interview is with Lisa with Pandawithcookie

How did you choose the name of your shop and how long have you been a member of Etsy?




I've only been on Etsy for about 8 months. I set up a shop name before then, but didn't have an active shop until October 2008. The name Panda with Cookie was chosen because I've had a similar name online in various places. And who doesn't like pandas and cookies?




What kinds of items do you sell in your shop and what inspired you to start creating them?





I sell plush monsters, cotton tote bags, paper garlands, pins and a couple of other things. I like to think of my shop as having items that will brighten your day. I hope that my sense of humor comes through in my work.






What are some of your favorite things about etsy?



It's been a great venue for me to start my business. I have my first craft fairs coming up and I never would have made that leap without doing Etsy first. I also like the community of crafters. It's great to see so many people with the DIY ethic together.




Do you sell your items outside of etsy, either online or in retail shops?



Not yet, but I hope to start.




Do you have any future plans for your shop?



I want to keep expanding my listings. And as I mentioned earlier, I am doing my first in person selling in just a couple of weeks. I am hoping to expand and do more craft fairs through the end of the year. I'd love to make this my full time work.




What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have?




I have always been crafty, and that takes a lot of my time. I also love to travel, read and watch Mystery Science Theater 3000.




Do you have any animal companions?



Mr. Bran, faithful friend for the past 11 years.




Do you have any favorite vegan things, like books, websites, stores, etc.?



I am a fan of





What are your favorite foods?


Cookies, a good scone, kale and chickpeas




Is there anything else you would like to add or share?




Support independent business!

2 comments: