Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A fabulous Vegan Cookbook for lovers of sweet things.

At the recent Vegan Fayre in Bristol, I saw this book - My Sweet Vegan
and just had to buy it. It is full of delicious vegan recipes for cakes, desserts, biscuits (cookies) 'cheese'cake, cupcakes, and every sweet vegan thing you could think of. There are gorgeous, mouthwatering pictures with each recipe, and I can't wait to work my way through the book, page by delicious page!

Also while on the subject of sweet vegan treats (my favourite subject!), I recently visited Govinda's in Swansea (Wales, UK), and had the pleasure of eating some fabulous vegan 'cheese'cake. Govindas is run by Hare Krishnas, and has vegetarian (with mainly vegan options) restaurants all over the world. This particular branch has had so many positive comments about their vegan 'cheese'cake, that they've set up a production unit to make them to sell to shops, such as Holland and Barrett. So anyone with a sweet tooth, look out for these truly delicious additions at your nearest Holland and Barratt store.

2 comments:

Embee Breedlove said...

Ooh, I have this book! It is pretty freakin' awesome. The author (whose name I can't remember at this exact moment) has a pretty great blog too, which I believe she calls Bittersweet.

As far as Govindas, well I think I might have to do some traveling! :D

Molly said...

This is a great book! The pictures are unbelievable. :)